After a long week of work, nothing really is as satisfying as a cold margarita with salt on the rim. Taco Boy is truly one of my favorite Downtown Charleston joints for many reasons:
- It’s Mexican! And let’s be honest, Mexican is my soul food.
- The prices are reasonable. Only $6 for a house margarita, that just can’t be beat Downtown.
- Parking is free and plentiful. Now where else downtown can you find that?!?
- The food is incredible! Never greasy, always speedy service, and fresh ingredients make it a triple threat in my book.
- The atmosphere is kitchy! Sort of like a vintage, flashy pueblo with funky music. It’s also open-air in the spring and summer so you can enjoy the cool-ish weather while sipping on your drink of choice.
Everything on the menu is delicious but some of my favorites are their tacos (shrimp, chicken, and mushroom to name a few), quesadillas (chicken of course), and their guacamole. You HAVE to get an order of guacamole! Chocked full of fresh red onions, cilantro, lime, and avocado, it’s to die for. Make it a must on your next visit. I am never disappointed when I visit Taco Boy. This place is a hidden gem off the beaten track of touristy King Street, so be sure to check it out next time you are in Charleston.
XO, Kitchy Living