Let’s start with two truths and a lie:
1. I’ve never had a cavity.
2. My first job was scooping ice cream at Bruster’s.
3. I’ve been to church with Her Royal Highness Queen Elizabeth.
Bet you can’t guess which one is the lie!
I’ll reveal the answer at a later date, but COMMENT below with your guess…
So as many of you already know, I have a major sweet tooth. I would pick dessert over a meal any old day. I try to be wise and practice portion-control, but sometimes a giant bowl of ice cream wins out. That being said, I am always looking for ways to feed the craving without the guilt. I love cookies, ice cream, brownies, peanut butter cups, biscotti, trifles, tiramisu, cakes, gelato, pies, cinnamon rolls, anything chocolate…I mean the list is endless. But sometimes, you just need a quick fix.
Peanut Butter Oat Protein Balls
made with crunchy Peanut Butter, Old-Fashioned Oats, Honey, Mini Chocolate Chips, Flax Seeds, Vanilla Extract, and ALMOND MILK. Yes, a little bit of almond milk helps the oats combine more easily and allows them to keep their shape. This recipe is extremely easy with only 7 ingredients and you don’t even need an oven. It’s a no-brainer, you gotta make these PRONTO.
2/3 cup crunchy PB (my go-to is Crazy Richard’s)
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup milled flax seed
2 Tbsp honey
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 Tbsp almond milk
1. In no particular order, combine the above ingredients in a medium mixing bowl with a spatula.
2. Once it is thoroughly combined, divide the mixture into 12 equal-sized portions and begin rolling them into balls with your hands.
3. Refrigerate balls and keep for 1-2 weeks (if they last that long!).
Yields: 12 protein balls