Now I wish I could take all the credit for these heaven-sent cookies, however I am just the humble messenger bringing this recipe to your attention. And lemme tell you something, these cookies are gonna rock your world, shake you to the core, knock your socks off and bring you to tears. They are gonna change your life for the better. Am I being overly dramatic? Maybe, but I’m being 100% when I say you’re gonna love them!
I stumbled upon this recipe via Sally’s Baking Addiction, which is one of my all-time favorite baking blogs. Sally is a self-taught baker and I can truthfully say I have yet to find a recipe of hers that I have not completely adored. She has a slew of cookie, cake, pie, brownie, and cupcake recipes to choose from perfect for any and every occasion under the sun.
Some of my favorite recipes I’ve made of hers: Graham Cracker Crust, Soft & Chewy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies, Peppermint Mocha Cookies, Nutella Chocolate Chip Cookies, Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies, Soft-Bake Funfetti Sugar Cookies, Monster Cookies…Can you tell I’ve made a good many of her recipes?!?!
But these Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies are different from the rest. Every time I’ve made them, they are gone almost instantly. People INHALE these bad boys. They don’t stand chance making it past Day 2 in my kitchen and they won’t in yours either.
THE Best Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
Recipe (courtesy of Sally’s Baking Addiction)
1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
2 large eggs, at room temperature
1 cup creamy peanut butter
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
2 cups old-fashioned whole rolled oats
2 and 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Whisk the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl using a hand or stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment, beat the butter until smooth. Add the granulated and brown sugar and beat until creamed. Add the eggs, peanut butter, and vanilla and beat on high speed until combined, about 1 minute. Scrape down the sides and up the bottom of the bowl and beat again as needed to combine.
3. Add the dry and wet ingredients and mix until combined. Add the oats. When fully combined, beat in the chocolate chips. Dough should be thick and slightly sticky. Cover & chill the dough for at least 20 minutes. If chilling for more than an hour, allow dough to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.
4. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
5. Scoop balls of dough and place on the baking sheets. Bake for 12-14 minutes until lightly browned on the sides. The centers will look very soft.
6. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
7. Cookies stay fresh covered at room temperature for up to 1 week (if they make it that long).
Recipe and instructions taken directly from Sally’s Baking Addiction
[I take no credit for this recipe or the happiness that comes from
partaking in one of these delectable cookies, only the pictures] 🙂
One thought on “THE Best Peanut Butter Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies”
These look delicious. I’m all for stuffing as much as possible in an oatmeal cookie.