Add this recipe to your weekend brunch menu!
Buttery, decadent scones are the perfect addition to your brunch lineup. And the combination of blueberry and lemon is sensational! They will melt-in-your-mouth and instantly transport you across the pond. Picture yourself having high tea with the Queenie, pinkies up all neat and proper. I bet the queen eats scones with clotted cream on the regular. I mean why wouldn’t you?!? They are straight up heavenly. But every time I eat scones, I’m instantly transported to England and Scotland.
On my various trips across the pond, the thing I loved most (after the people of course) were their baked goods. In America, we make cookies, brownies, cakes, and pies. In Great Britain, they makes tarts, puddings, rolls, and scones. Also, their baked goods seem to incorporate more seasonal fruits which I love. But these Lemon Blueberry Scones harken back to the mother country. Treat yourself to a sophisticated brunch this Easter weekend and be sure to whip some of these up for you and your family. Add a pat of butter and a piping hot cuppa, and your weekend is off to a delicious start! Oh yeah, and did I mention this recipe is vegan-friendly?
Lemon Blueberry Scones
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup granulated sugar
8 Tbsp cold unsalted butter
3/4 cup almond milk (can sub for other milks)
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 cup fresh blueberries
zest of 1 lemon
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar.
3. Cut the butter into 8ths and add the cold butter into the flour mixture using a pastry cutter or your hands. This will help to work butter into the dry ingredients. Stop when the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Add almond milk and vanilla extract and stir. Fold in blueberries.
5. Add some flour to your hands and knead the dough a few times until it forms a large ball. Add dough to baking sheet and flatten into a circle approximately 1 inch thick.
6. Use a knife or pizza cutter to cut the dough into 8 equal pieces.
7. Bake for 24-28 minutes, until golden brown.
8. Let rest a few minutes before serving.
4 thoughts on “Lemon Blueberry Scones”
These look delicious.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you! You gotta try them!
LikeLiked by 1 person