It’s been TWO years since Cary and I said “I do”!
Crazy how fast time flies. But in honor of our two year anniversary, I thought I’d share the recipe for our wedding signature cocktail. It was inspired by the place where my husband used to work: Blackberry Farms in Walland, TN. If you’ve never heard of it before, it’s a high-end resort in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains. It was a jumping off point for him in many ways and still holds many fond memories. Numerous delectable dinners with friends and family. Celebrity sightings and stories you just wouldn’t believe. But we wanted to pay homage to part of his past, while also celebrating our future together. It’s a simple recipe, but insanely refreshing for summer. And now, it’s become tradition for us to have a blackberry bevvy every year on our anniversary. I love this tradition and I hope you love this recipe as much as we did on our big day!
Blackberry Bohicket Bubbly
1 bottle Prosecco chilled
2 cups fresh blackberries
1 cup water
1 cup sugar
1 tsp lemon juice
1. Combine the blackberries, water, sugar, and lemon juice together in a saucepan over medium high heat.
2. Bring to a boil and mash the berries with a potato masher.
3. Turn the stove off and allow the flavors to mingle for 10 minutes.
4. Pour the mixture through a very fine strainer into a glass jar.
5. Refrigerate for a few hours.
6. Pour a couple tablespoons of simple syrup into fresh glass and top with Prosecco. Add a sprig of mint for garnish and enjoy!