What’s all the hype about Vitamin C serum?
This past year, the beauty industry blew up about Vitamin C serum and for good reason. Vitamin C is a potent antioxidant that has the ability to neutralize free radicals. Many of us know about vitamin C, because it’s why our parents told you to eat citrus fruit or drink your orange juice: to get our daily dose of vitamin C. So basically this powerful ingredient is capable of aiding in your skin’s natural regeneration process by repairing damaged skin cells. Damage secondary to UV exposure, air pollution, and precancerous skin changes.
But it has some other benefits too!
- reduces fine lines/wrinkles
- protects collagen and increases production
- aids wound healing
- helps protect against sun damage
- reduces hyperpigmentation
- evens skin tone
- brightens complexion
A Few Vitamin C Serums…
In order of potency
Obagi Professional C-Serum (20%)
SkinCeuticals C E FERULIC WITH L-ASCORBIC Acid (15%)
C.E.O Brightening Serum by Sunday Riley (15%)
TULA Triple Vitamin C Serum (10%)
Beautycounter All Bright C Serum (10%)
Obagi Vitamin C serums on SUPER SALE on Overstock! Click the picture for link to shop
When’s the best time to apply it?
AM and PM after cleansing face, but after toner and before moisturizer and SPF
DO NOT USE WITH:
- BENZOYL PEROXIDE, which oxidizes the vitamin C and makes it useless very quickly
- OTHER ACIDS, may cause excessive skin irritation
- RETINOL, which makes the vitamin C more unstable and less likely to penetrate the skin