These rolls. I have no words.
If you’re entertaining in the not to distant future, these bad boys need to be on your menu. Whether it’s a football watch party, weeknight dinner, or just a fun get-together with friends. This recipe is a must! These rolls are the opposite of health, but the epitome of delectable. Packed with savory flavor, butter, and ham-swiss goodness, this recipe should be in your entertaining repertoire STAT!
Ham Swiss Poppyseed Rolls
one 12-count package Hawaiian sweet rolls
3/4 pound cooked deli ham, thinly sliced
1/2 pound (8 oz.) Swiss cheese, thinly sliced
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
1 Tbsp dijon mustard
1 Tbsp poppy seeds
2 tsp minced onion, fresh
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
S&P, to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9×13 inch pan with aluminum foil, spray with your favorite nonstick cooking spray, set aside.
2. Slice the rolls in half using a large serrated/bread knife so you have one slab of bottoms and one slab of tops. Place the bottom slab of rolls in the prepped baking dish.
3. Layer half the ham on the rolls. Layer the Swiss cheese.
4. Evenly layer the remaining ham.
5. Top with the top slab of rolls.
6. In either a microwave-safe bowl or a small sauce pan melt the butter. If microwaving, heat on high for 1 minute.
7. Add the dijon mustard, onion, poppy seeds, Worcestershire sauce, and S&P, and whisk until combined.
8. Pour the combined butter mixture over the rolls and using a spatula, spread it evenly across the tops.
9. Cover with a piece of aluminum foil and allow the rolls to sit on your countertop for 10-15 minutes prior to placing in the oven. This will allow for a deeper flavor.
10. Bake covered for 20 minutes. Then uncover and cook 3-5 minutes. Be sure to watch to ensure that the tops don’t burn.
11. Slice and serve immediately with your favorite soup, salad, and enjoy!
NOTE: A few followers suggested swapping the poppyseeds for Everything But the Bagel Seasoning. I haven’t personally tried it, but it sounds incredible! If you don’t have poppyseeds on hand, maybe swap it for EBTB seasoning for a fun new take on this delicious dish.
Watch my reel on Instagram of how to make this delectable dish at home!