It’s Monday again, and you know what that means?
Meatless Monday recipe reveal!
Stuffed peppers are a fabulous addition to any weekday dinner. Each recipe out there consists of the same sort of ingredients, just with a slightly different twist. Whether it’s rice, quinoa, or cauliflower rice as your base, you truly cannot go wrong! But for this particular recipe, I used quinoa since it was what I had on hand at the time in my freezer. Trader Joe’s freezer section saving the dinner game once again with their Microwavable Quinoa packets!
This is the epitome of a simple supper!
Also, it’s one pan!
What could be better?!?!
Bursting with earthy flavor from the cumin and a tad bit of spice from the Meatless Crumbles, it’s the perfect balance of hearty and healthy. Check out the recipe below…
- 3 bell peppers, halved
- 1/2 packet of Beyond Meat’s Feisty Crumbles
- 1 packet of Trader Joe’s microwavable quinoa
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup salsa of choice
- 1/2 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Microwave your frozen quinoa and while that is cooking place your diced onions in a skillet on medium heat with a tablespoon of olive oil. Cook until slightly translucent.
- Add your Beyond Meat crumbles into the onion skillet and cook for 1-2 minutes before adding in your cooked quinoa, salsa, cumin, and garlic. Cook mixture for 2 minutes.
- Fill your halved bell peppers with the cooked quinoa mixture and place the bell peppers in a glass pan. Top with shredded cheese and place in the oven for 25-30 minutes or until the bell peppers begins to soften.