This winter I’ve been loving my crockpot! The ease of being able to throw a bunch of ingredients into a pot and wait for the goodness to ensue, it’s pure magic. And this White Chicken Chili is no exception! Creamy, spicy, and fresh, this chili is sure to be a hit with even the pickiest of eaters. Top it with sour cream, avocado, tortilla chips, and cilantro and you’ve got yourself a deliciously hearty meal.
White Chicken Chili
1.5lbs chicken breasts or thighs, boneless skinless
2 cans cannellini beans
1 can green chiles
1 can corn kernels
1 jalapeño, seeds removed, finely chopped
2 ribs celery, diced
1 yellow onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 Tbsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp salt
2-3 cups vegetable stock
1/4 cup neufchâtel cream cheese
Juice of 1 lime
1. Place all of the above ingredients into the crockpot (except for cream cheese and lime juice). Stir and cook for 3 hours on HIGH or 5 hours on LOW.
2. Remove the chicken breasts from the crockpot and using a handheld mixer, shred the breasts. You can also shred the breasts using two forks, whatever you have on hand.
3. Before adding the chicken back into the crockpot, remove 2-3 cups of the chili and transfer to a blender. Add cream cheese, then blend until smooth.
4. Transfer the contents of the blender back into the crockpot in addition to the shredded chicken. If you’ve cooked on high for 3 hours, continue to cook for an additional hour. If you’ve cooked on low for 5 hours, stir the contents to combine.
5. Add lime juice prior to serving, and top with sour cream, tortilla chips, avocado, and/or cilantro.